Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Dream

I recently had a wonderful dream, it was unlike any other that would continue to stick out in my mind. I recently lost a good friend at work, his name is Richard and he worked with us all in the mornings at Wal-Mart.

I was walking back into the backroom, as I walked into the prep room with the sinks and our desk I saw all of the associates who worked in Produce. Only there was someone there who I was not expecting. I saw my good friend Richard who had passed away a few months ago. It was such a shock for me, I couldn't believe it. I soon realized that only I and another good friend at work could see him.

He was standing next to the hand washing sink wearing the usual uniform, tan pants and a navy blue polo. He was wearing the green apron as we all do, and he looked like he used to when we all worked together.

He told me that he had recently been talking to those on his buddy list on facebook. He seemed like the Richard I once knew, the one who I always had fun playing games with and chatting on facebook with. I tried to explain to the others that he was there, but they didn't believe me.

So I had an idea, I realized that if I gave Richard a pen and a notepad of paper that he could hold it up and proove to everyone he was really there. So he started to hold that pen and paper up, soon everyone was shocked. They all wanted to know how he was doing.

He started to tell me what he wanted to say, I wrote down the things that he said so that everyone else could hear what he had to say. Those who didn't belive now were believers and felt so good to hear from an old friend once again.

I even received a message during the dream, not sure where it was in the dream, but it was almost like "Sometimes the people we are really close to or the ones we love, we will see them."

I know this is not really an inspirational story, but in a way it is. See, the people we lose in our lives will never be gone from us. They will always be in our hearts. They are just distant and sometimes it just takes a wake up call to realize they are really still there letting us know.

For me, it was a good reunion with a good friend even if it was just a dream. He was trying to tell me not to forget about him, he's still here only in a different place for now. He's still doing the things he loves, only he is in a temporary place for now until Jesus comes back to raise the dead and lift us up into the clouds.

So if you have lost a loved one, know that they are still here, only in a different place and they are still with you.

2 comments:

  1. wow! i really like this! im so sorry for your loss. this was such a wondeful thing for me to read right now bcause t last wee a family member was murdered in a VERY horific way and i havent been able to stop thinking about it and stop worrying so much! this was amazing for me to hear what perfect timing God has for us! This is exactly what i needed to have a little peace. I want to say thank you for sharing and your blogs great! keep up the good work. check our mine if you want: http://ww.kendraswriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello again! thanks so much for readig and commenting im very glad you enjoyed my blog ive realized that its not so easy to get people to read the Godly ones but its ok. and you r right we just haveto pray that they will someday know the truth and come toGod and hopefully before its too late. well thanks so much im gonna go read more of ur blog now! :) and what you wrote about your dream has just changed everyting for me i dont feel so far away from my family member (the one i told u about) it really made a difference thank you! have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete