Friday, February 19, 2010

He's knocking, but we're not listening!

Today, was a very interesting day. It started out as a friend gave me a million dollar bill, the kind that has a spiritual message on the back. It was very interesting to read and some of the message applied to me.

Here I was once again going down the wrong road, was I truly following God. I wasn't, I was beginning to go astray. I was beginning to do things in my life which were not appropriate and it started to get in the way of my marriage and made me upset.

As I looked at the message, I realized that I was lying, I was sinning and I was doing the things that could get me into serious trouble if Jesus was to return.

I really started to think and realised that I needed to take a stronger step forward and leave the sins in the past. It's not always easy to walk the narrow road, it's too easy in fact to walk the wide path to destruction.

I had been doing a lot of thinking before and during my drive home for lunch. As I was near home, a song on the radio started to play and it was one that really touched me. It made me think about my writings and how I have let every other thing in my life come first.

So as I listened to this song, it made sense. God has truly given me a gift, to show others how much Jesus means to me in my life and to reach out and help those who are in need. I can choose to ignore it and move on with my life, but each minute someone else falls when I could of reached out to them.

As soon as I got inside and started to make lunch I was listening to the song on the radio as it almost finished. I thought I had closed the browser window, but somehow I closed the wrong one. What I realized is another song , one that I have as a ring tone came on and it's one of my favorites. I was shocked, it was two great songs in a row both applying to my situation.

I posted both of these songs on my facebook and let others know how awesome I felt. God was trying to reach out to me, he was trying to say "Hey Mcfly!, what are you doing?" What good was I to have a gift if I wasn't even using it.

I went back to work thinking how great this message was to me and that I should continue if I want to improve and be better at it.

Immediately after work, I was listening to a radio show after picking up my daughter. The first radio show had a lot to do with my situation again. I was really amazed at what I was hearing. I couldn't believe what I heard, it made me feel really good. God was really trying to get through to me. The next radio show came on and touched on some of my sins that I have been doing.

Again, I was amazed and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was an experience that I will never forget.

God loves us so unconditionally that he will do everything to get our attention. I put all of the pieces together and realized that he was trying to tell me to stop what I was doing. He wanted me to be good and let go of my sins. I know it is hard because we get so involved and think that we can't let go.

If we give God a chance, he will make it possible to let go of the things we hold onto. He is a loving God and he knows our pain more than we can only imagine. So don't give up on God. It may seem like the whole world is about to crash down on you, but with his strength you can hold the world up and have a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment